Thursday, September 15, 2011

MORE CARLY CONCERNS

My 2nd email from Carly arrived day before last and reads as follows:

Dear Sister:
I'm glad to hear from you. I'm mighty worried. Not only did it storm here again this evening but tonight I overheard my human mom say she has to get up at 5:00 tomorrow morning so she can take me on our last walk together. I'm really worried. Whatever it is she plans to do she has to be there by 6:30. She said she can't eat anything after midnight so she'd like to stay up eating everything in the kitchen until then but I want her to go to bed early with me. She always gives me a slow gentle rub down as I go to sleep. I will miss that if whatever she does tomorrow at 6:30 means I'm not going to get to sleep in their big bed anymore. I'm very worried! Today they cleaned the big tin can and took it back to the storage place. I got to go with them. I saw a bunny there twice and I just want to chase one but the rope they always tie to me so they won't get lost always stops me before I get very far. I hope they don't take me out without the rope and get lost. Your friend, Carly

Hello again, Carly,
So you got another storm, eh? Not too much one can do about Mother Nature so you'll just have to bear with it.

I happen to know that your Mom is going in for some foot surgery. Poor girl has managed to break her foot in about every place imaginable at one time or another and over the years it's hurt her more and more. So she has a doctor who has a plan to repair things so we're going to go through her experience together, ok? You'll write me about her progress and we'll share it on the blog. Maybe that will help you get through all of these temporary changes.

Now whenever one has a surgical procedure they are not allowed anything to eat from midnight on...that's so they don't throw up and asphyxiate themselves while on the operating table. Besides, who wants to clean that up, right? Oh, and let's not mention the fact that your Mom normally wouldn't be eating after midnight anyway so I imagine your belly rubbing time is safe.

As far as your hanging on to that valuable piece of real estate on the big bed remains to be seen unfortunately. You'll just have to wait and see how Mom does once she gets that foot back home. Hopefully, she'll be woozy awhile and maybe not notice you being there but you better be extra careful and steer clear of her foot. It's nothing personal should you have to stay off the bed, but merely a precautionary measure to protect Mom's boo-boo foot. Just focus on that bunny you spotted earlier and don't worry about it. I know you have your own pillows, etc. so hang there until Mom is better.

Remember, these are just temporary changes until Mom is fully healed so be patient. Now I see you've sent in another email so I'll answer next blog.
Sister VC

No comments:

Post a Comment