Friday, August 12, 2011

HAVE I MENTIONED?

Did you realize that we're about halfway through another Mercury Retrograde? Maybe I shouldn't even mention it. I know some cats who might be better off not knowing about it ahead of time, but then the next thing you know, I'll hear about some bizarre mix-up that's happened to them...which results in my once again having to explain about the retrograde. Consequently, I am always torn...shall I warn them or shall I keep quiet and wait for it. Half the time I hear 'why didn't you tell me' and the other half I hear 'don't tell me, I'm better off not knowing'. So to tell or not to tell...that is the question. I mean, after all, knowledge is power, right? But then on the other paw, maybe being in the dark you won't know the difference. You'll just wonder why this or that goes awry. You mailed your water bill but forgot to put a stamp on the envelope. You called someone and can't remember what it was you intended to tell them. You looked both ways and no one was coming, then you step off the curb and get honked at from a car that seemed to come out of nowhere. Any of this sound familiar? You're exiting...or trying to...a parking lot, in comes an idiot on his cell phone and almost clips your car taking up the entire driveway and never even looking in your direction. Or how about unloading groceries in the back of your car and you turn around to see your basket rolling down the asphalt. Don't even ask why that bird pooped on your head instead of the person standing right next to you. Common everyday occurrences but far more likely to happen during the retrograde. Any and all forms of communication can get screwed up during this three week period which happens about three times a year.

Let's talk about it. You've made it to the halfway mark so think back from now to the 2nd of August. Remember anything odd that happened? Forget what you were doing the other day? Misplace anything? Sign the wrong dotted line, forget to cross the T's somewhere?

Now if you aren't necessarily an astrology fan or think we're talking hocus pocus here, just Google the words 'Mercury Retrograde' and read all about it. Just to be perfectly clear on my part I did just that. Far be it from me to mislead my followers! Here's a brief description taken from an article I read on the Web and written in my own words in hopes you'll understand it.

You see all of the planets move in the SAME DIRECTION around the Sun at different rates of speed. Mercury's orbit is 88 days long so approximately 4 orbits of Mercury around the Sun equals one Earth year. Are you with me so far? So periodically, Mercury appears to slow down, then stop and then move slowly backwards for several weeks. Eventually it appears to stop again and reverse direction moving slowly forward once again. Finally Mercury appears to return to its normal orbital speed. Now this occurs because Mercury actually travels faster than the Earth and so periodically it catches up with the Earth and passes right on by. When Mercury "goes retrograde" it does NOT actually slow down, it does NOT stop, it does NOT move backwards. It only appears so.

Now was that so hard to grasp? Hang on...I have more. In Mythology, Mercury is the messenger of the gods. In Astrology, the planet Mercury is said to have associated with or rule all forms of communication. Like I suggested...Google this and read a lot more about it. There are actually lists of things one might try and avoid during a retrograde...just to be on the safe side. Like it's been said...you don't let the planets rule your life by any means, but you can use what caution is available and be aware. Mercury retrograde occurs three times a year and lasts about 3 weeks each time. This current one will end on August 26th so just be careful in everything you do, everywhere you go, etc. And mark your calender for the final one for 2011. Starts on November 23rd and goes direct on December 13th. Consider yourselves told. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment