Sunday, April 25, 2010

COMING or GOING?

Ever notice how the days come and go so fast and the months just seem to fly on by? Being Sister VC of the Feline Order, I'm blessed with 9 lives so I can't lay claims to any rat races with time or having the feeling that I'm not keeping up. Usually I enjoy my 18-hour nap, nibble on some Meow Mix from time to time, read my e-mails, blog a bit, life is grand. However, the e-mail below tells of one who is not so sure if she's coming or going.

Dear Sister Very Catty,

I'm feeling a bit out of touch these days like I'm chasing my tail. With my daily commute to the office, I'm away from home 12 hours a day. 7 am to 7 pm only leaves me with a few hours in the evening to eat, read e-mails, get my clothes and lunch ready for the next day, exercise a little, then try and get at least 7 hours of sleep or I'm completely worthless the next day. It's no wonder I feel cramped for time, plus I just turned fifty-five and now I nod off when I try to relax and watch a little TV.

As far as the week-ends I find myself spending a lot of time with my ex-husband. Since I finally made it clear to him via divorce that I can no longer tolerate his whiny negativity, he's become the guy I wish he'd been while we were married. I have no delusions of grandeur here but I do enjoy his company...for as long as he can keep this attitude up.

My time at the office, however, holds a bit of a challenge for me. In spite of having to work with a woman with a most unpleasant disposition, I remain the professional that I am. To top this off I have a wonderful boss, he has great work ethics- just questionable morals. A very pleasant personality, knows the business, a joy to work with but I have to wonder what his wife would think of his putting the moves on me every opportunity he finds. I have been extremely open and blunt about my lack of any interest whatsoever but that seems to have absolutely no bearing on his desires.

Open to suggestions!
Signed,
Tired in Texas


Dear Tired,

No wonder you're tired. Sounds to me like you're not the only one in purr-suit of your tail.

A day consists of 24 hours and you're down by half with the commuting to and from the office. Between the 7 hours you require for sleep, your evening chores, and geez, let's not leave out those trips to the kitty box, doing dishes after dinner much less the preparation, the moments it takes to come to in the morning, rolling out of bed, painting your face, doing your hair...well, that clock just keeps right on ticking doesn't it?

Turning fifty-five has nothing to do with your feeling tired. Trust me...I can see it from here. Take that 12 hours for instance. You must enjoy the job since you tolerate a bit of a time-robbing commute, so let's focus on the actual time spent in the office. Let's face it, it just wouldn't be a complete office without the proverbial, overbearing, anal-retentive personality on board so no real suggestions for you in that direction.

My focus would be steered more towards the bozo chasing you around the desk where the word 'no' does not compute. Hmmm, compels one to inquire as to where on your resume it states you're applying for a position stroking someone's ego? Under objective did you put 'Desperate, willing to settle for some other woman's pain-in-the-ass'? I thought not.

Why is it that certain individuals will continue to bark up the wrong tree time after time when they've continually been denied access? Is it a sense of entitlement because they hold the highest position in the company, or perhaps a part of the male anatomy is doing the thinking while the body is doing the pursuing?

As far as hanging out with the ex, it's familiar territory and no doubt offers comfort after your week in the offices of Bitchy, Horny & Help-Me.

So my dear Tail Chaser, this is where your energy is being depleted but stay strong sister and hope like hell this too shall pass!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment