Sunday, November 14, 2010

FOR I AM CAT



A couple canines from Kansas wrote me asking if I thought it was normal for a neighborhood cat to sit right outside their fenced yard, a mere three feet from their noses, calmly cleaning herself. This cat is free to roam the entire area and seems to know we are fenced in the yard. Both of us barking our fool heads off, throwing hissy fits, yet she continues to sit there giving us this "have a nice day" stare. She doesn't seemed threatened at all that she's taunting a large retriever/chow mix and a short, older wiener dog.

Signed,
Just curious, Shorty & Stashe


Dear Curious in Kansas,

Just what part of C-A-T don't you get? You're lucky she wasn't sitting within two feet of your nosy little noses and swiping them with a front claw between cleaning licks.
Haven't you heard? Cats Rule...and I mean the world! They will strut their stuff wherever, whenever. I mean, c'mon now...what better entertainment could a feline have than to sit a spell, calmly bathe herself while watching a couple of barking dogs go completely ape-shit all because of her. My, my, my... all that attention just for little ol' me?

So it's a little bath time at the fence, a little free entertainment complete with sound track, and then a nice stroll off to wherever.

Yes, little doggies of the world, it is indeed normal. All that neighborhood cat is thinking is how it sucks to be you and how it's good to be her!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment